POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Filling in T values in splines : Re: Filling in T values in splines - update Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Filling in T values in splines - update
From: Rune
Date: 24 Feb 2002 16:59:02
Message: <3c796226@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
> This is starting to be a lot closer to what I like. :)

Glad you're close to liking it. ;)

> (How did you get rid of the need to specify the amount of points?)

Initializing with an array of 100 elements and making it ten times bigger
whenever needed. It wastes a small amount of ressources, but in most cases
nothing worth mentioning. In cases where it's an issue it is still possible
to specify the number of points. It's optional.

BTW, I don't know what is worst - having many unused array elements or
resizing the array quite often (copying the elements into a new bigger
array). If unused elements are very bad I could resize the array often,
making it maybe 2 or 4 times bigger each time. If resizing the array is
worse, I could make the array maybe 10 or 100 times bigger each time. It's a
balance - currently I'm making it 10 times bigger each time but I'm open to
suggestions.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)